General careers information only.
This newsletter is in addition to our regular school newsletter/careers newsletter.
Enter your first name and email address below to receive our monthly Careers Newsletter, full of important information for you:
Open Days Questions
- What degrees do you offer that relate to my interests, VCE subjects and career ambitions?
- What assumed knowledge and recommended studies apply to the degrees I’m interested in?
- What are the prerequisites for entry i.e. subjects, scores, tests, auditions, physicals?
- Are there any alternative entry paths for the course I am interested in?
- Are there any ‘Early Entry’ options for the courses I’m interested in?
- What are the job prospects like for the careers I’m interested in?
- Are there compulsory job placements in the degrees I’m interested in?
- Are there other ways to gain work experience within my degree?
- What is the workload for the degrees i.e. hours per week, types of assessment, full-time/part-time study options?
- Are there national or international exchange opportunities at this university?
- What are my accommodation options?
- What scholarships are available?
- What is the criteria used in accepting a scholarship?
- What teams, clubs or groups could I join at your institution?
Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae Writing WorkshopsHume Anglican Grammar library is hosting a series of workshops for secondary school students over 3 Monday lunchtimes beginning Monday 23 August.
When: Mondays 23rd August, 30th August & 6th September
Where: Hume Anglican Grammar Library
Please feel free to bring along any draft cover letters/CVs you may be working on as well as any job adverts you may be interested in applying for.
Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae Writing Workshops
Career Networking Event for Young People& Parents/CarersThis is an interactive expo specifically designed for school students in the Hume/Whittlesea region. Interactive stalls will be hosted by representatives from universities, TAFEs, RTOs, apprenticeship & traineeship groups, Australian Defence Force, local government etc, with opportunities for practical engagement in a range of vocational areas.
When: July 29th 2021 from 5.00pm- 7.30pm
Where: Uni Hill Conference Centre 30 Graduate Road, Bundoora
RSVP: Helen - email@example.com / 0434 231 987
La Trobe University – Aspire Early Admissions ProgramThe Aspire Early Admissions Program rewards involvement in community, leadership and volunteering with an early conditional offer into your chosen course at La Trobe. This means you’ll know if you have a place at university in September, or even earlier! Applications are open to Year 12s only however, it worth beginning to think about your application and start drafting. We have invited a La Trobe presenter to speak with Year 11s on Friday 25 June and Year 10s on 14 July during Homeroom.
A La Trobe representative will visit again on 26th July and 16th August during lunchtime for Years 10-12 in room 10.1 to offer advice and even review draft applications!
For more information: About Aspire, Study with us, Aspire Early Admissions Program, La Trobe University